48th Airborne Unit of ArmA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp Server

2 posters

Go down

Rp Server Empty Rp Server

Post  CrazyJoe Sun 29 Jul - 6:27

Hey guys I want someone to start a server or I start a server for RP so we can have some fun. so help out or I'll do it my self lol.
CrazyJoe
CrazyJoe

Back to top Go down

Rp Server Empty Re: Rp Server

Post  Night Stalker Sun 29 Jul - 8:41

I've copied this article from the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki.

"We recommend using 2 GHz machine, with 512 MB RAM and a 1 Mbps upload network bandwidth.

You need either a Microsoft Windows 2000/XP or Linux computer to run an ArmA dedicated server.

There are two possible ways to install the dedicated server. When you have installed the ArmA game, you can use the main executable (ArmA.exe) with the command line argument –server to start a dedicated server. While this is easy, it requires the ArmA DVD to be present in the drive during server operation and also original serial number. (However with the latest patch version 1.05 the DVD is no longer needed.).If you want to run a server without the DVD and serial number, you have to use the standalone dedicated server executable.

To install a standalone server:
  • Install the corresponding version of the game on any machine (you will need ArmA DVD for this)
  • Add the ArmA_Server.exe file to the same directory as ArmA.exe. Copy your already installed ArmA directory on to the server.
  • Create a configuration file for your server."

That looks long and hard and confusing. Let me know if you actually plan on falling through with this.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker

Back to top Go down

Rp Server Empty Night

Post  CrazyJoe Sun 29 Jul - 19:22

I am
CrazyJoe
CrazyJoe

Back to top Go down

Rp Server Empty Re: Rp Server

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content