48th Airborne Unit of ArmA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sahrani Life Realism

5 posters

Go down

Do you like this Plan?

Sahrani Life Realism Vote_lcap50%Sahrani Life Realism Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Sahrani Life Realism Vote_lcap50%Sahrani Life Realism Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Sahrani Life Realism Empty Sahrani Life Realism

Post  Noah Brown Mon 6 Aug - 2:15

Hi guys!

So as many of you know, many of our members have started loving the game mode called "Sahrani Life". for those of you who have not played it, it's a map where you have cops and civilians. The civilians can choose to join a business or start one. If you start a business, you can choose to start a LEGAL or ILLEGAL Business. We do hope more of you go with a LEGAL business as its more realistic. Sure we enjoy one 1/4 to 1/3 of the civilians being in cartels or being criminals but it's good to have law abiding citizens too. As a citizen you can vote for Mayor and Chief of Police, you can start a Hotel Chain, Grocery Store, LEGAL Weapons shop, Taxi Business, Commercial Airline business, ETC. Below I have written the Laws of Sahrani:

Rules/Laws:
Chapter 1 - General Behaviour:
i) Please refrain from using words like "n00b" and "r0fl". It's immature, and not necessary. Type properly.

iv) The 'New life' rule: Once somebody has died, you cannot revenge kill/arrest for previous crimes. Logic states that, in reality, you cannot arrest a new born baby because you suspect it is a reincarnation of a serial killer who died. The same way, you cannot arrest/kill somebody who has shot you/run you over/called your mom a fag/eaten your food/pushed you over/made you cry by bringing up repressed memories of the day you got abused by a tree in armed assault if they have died and respawned. If they haven't died, by all means, take any course of action. But remember, the right way to do it is to report them to the police. That way, you're in the clear, and you'll have an admin's support if things get out of hand.

Chapter 2 - Sahrani's Standard Laws:
These laws are a default and cannot be negotiated. The cops may decide if they wish to remove certain laws, but this is not recommended, as the Standard Laws are intended to provide a degree of calm in the countries that form the Sahrani Union.
i) The right to bear arms
According to chapter 2 subclause 1 of his Majesty's Law of South Sahrani, dating 1988, a civilian may carry a handgun, such as a PM Makarov, and 1 magazine for self defence. Any civilian caught with a more powerful weapon may be subject to prosecution under Chapter 2 subclause 1 of the law, and possibly imprisonment.
ii) Use of illegal substances
His Majesty King Adafi declares today, March 23rd, 1976, the use of substances such as Marajuana and Cocaine to be illegal. All drugs are not categorised and, as such, are not differentiated between by the police, who must reach their own decisions about what course of action to take with regards to drugs.
The Governments of all nations part of the Sahrani Union vote unanimously that any persons found to be dealing drugs should be imprisoned, for an amount of time to be decided by the police force. It should be noted that, if found innocent, the offender should be released immediately from prison and should receive a full apology from the Police Force from which country you are persecuted.
iii)Vehicle Licencing
It is necessary for all civilian residents of nations part of the Sahrani Union to obtain a licence to drive any vehicle or operate any firearm (See Chapter 2, subclause 1 for more information). Anyone suspected to be driving illegally, or carrying an unlicenced firearm for that matter, can be punished under law by the Police.
Speeding: The Governments of the Sahrani Union have not decided a speed limit, and have decided that the Police should decide for themselves when someone is thought to be driving dangerously. They should then punish the offending party accordingly. (Please refer to Chapter 1, subclause 4).
Crimes:
Monetary Crime:
This is illegal. This includes bank robbery/kidnapping for ransom/blackmail/sabotaging each other's hideouts.
Destruction of Property:
Destruction of property is illegal and punishable by law. Destruction of property includes sabotaging each other's hideouts/attacking cars, buildings, other's belongings, aircrafts, boats, armoured vehicles, or anything else owned by the Governments of the Sahrani Union or other civilians.
Murder: Murder is defined as an unprovoked attack on someone else that results in loss of life. This is, obviously, illegal, and the recommended length of sentence is the full 10 minutes in the game. It is also recommended that the murderer is monitored closely upon release to watch for reoffending.
Manslaughter: Manslaughter is defined as an attack in defence. For example, killing someone who has opened fire on you by firing back. It must be noted at this point that you cannot fire back at cops if you've committed a crime and are being shot at. Manslaughter is, by law, punishable by a fine of a minimum of $10,000 and/or imprisonment, as decided by the officer leading the investigation.
Attack: If you are attacked by another civilian/cop unprovoked, you should report it to the police. The law dictates that attack is punishable by removal of weapons, a fine of up to $10,000, and possibly imprisonment. This choice remains up to the police officer leading the investigation.

The police have acceptable powers. They are permitted to detain you in the custody cell for what they determine to be a reasonable period of time. I.e. Based on the nature of the crime, and suspicion of your guilt. The maximum jail time before automatic release is 10 minutes. However, you can pay bail to the cops in order to lower your jail time.

There's no set amount that the bail reduces the time by, but generally speaking the more you pay, the more likely you are to get out quicker.

Reminder to cops

The new life rule is active for Sahrani Life. For those of you unfamiliar with this, it means if you die, you cannot automatically know about the person who killed you. It also means you cannot rearrest somebody if they've died. If you do this, and somebody reports it to us, we reserve the right to ban you from the server.

Those are the Laws of Sahrani, now I decided since there is a border patrol option for cops, that we should split Sahrani into 4 different Nations. This way each country can have a police force and government if wanted and there can be border patrol. This means a new law comes into effect, Immigration Laws. This would mean any illegal immigrants, anyone helping illegal immigrants across a border, and anyone harboring illegal immigrants would be subject to arrest. To Identify who is illegal, people could pay a small fee of $2,000 for their Passport. Since we can't actually give out passports, everyone who pays that fee to Chief of police whom then divides it equally among his country's police force, can freely get through borders after the border patrol checks. Cops will know because the chief must write down who has bought and Border Patrol asks the Chief when a certain person gets to the border whether or not they have a passport. So I drew some borders on a map and I labeled capitols and named the countries in a simple manner. I also labeled some airports and a hotel so business makers know where to find them.
Sahrani Life Realism Countr10

If you cant see them, I will make borders on map and cops will set up roadblocks. Rahmadi is also a Sovereign nation in this case but there are nor resources or supplies so if you want to get supplies from west Sahrani and travel back and forth be my gest. they have an AirStrip. Below I have a poll. Tell Me if you likemy plan or not, Thanks! Just remember when voting that I take your vote seeriously and if there are more NO Votes, we will not do this and if there are more YES Votes, we will do this. The Laws still are in effect no matter what! There is no Changing your vote as Well.
I have also decided that all missiles in Helicopters must be emptied into the ground and not at people as we don't allow missile use anymore because it has happened often that Innocent people that earned a lot of money get caught in the crossfire and die due to missile use, they then get angry with good reason because they lost all their hard earned money due to some trigger happy cartel member. Sahrani Life Realism Countr10
Noah Brown
Noah Brown

http://nbpoliticalconsulting.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Sahrani Life Realism Empty Re: Sahrani Life Realism

Post  Night Stalker Mon 6 Aug - 17:49

I voted no.

I normally would be totally fine, and agree with, this notion (seeing as I'm a promoter of realism in all aspects of ArmA) but I'm afraid I'm going to have to draw a line here. The thing is, Sahrani Life is an RPG and is not really built for realistic play. It requires some improvement, to be sure, regarding the fact that the cops generally don't know what they're doing and the criminals can get their hands on some pretty "OP" equipment early on. The answer, however, isn't a step towards the realism department. I feel like that'll only create more problems.

The fact is, the civilians are out there specifically to get enough money to afford weapons to kill cops. That's pretty much a given. Nobody wants to play video games just to do manual labor at a copper mine or chop down trees or something because that isn't fun. Breaking the law and killing cops, however, is. We can't just say, "75% of all civilians are not allowed to break the law." We'll have to assume that all civilians are setting themselves up to become criminals because, face it, they are.

Having rules/laws isn't a bad idea for Sahrani Life. In fact, Sahrani Life DOES have rules. They are located in the Briefing/Notes when you check your map. Problem is, they're in Russian so almost nobody can read them. Because of this, I think we're going to have to let go of the rules/laws entirely. Sure, we could have them posted on our website, but nobody would check them. Imagine a public, non-48th player who joins our server. They sure as hell won't check our website for the rules to Sahrani Life. And say if one of us 48th members called such a person out for breaking one of the rules, say that they played as a cop and arrested someone for carrying a (licensed) firearm, it wouldn't really be their fault because they didn't know the rules. I think we should just let go of the rules and see if it floats, so to speak.

Same problem with the borders. Nobody will "know" that there even ARE borders in-game, except for the three checkpoints in Corazol. There isn't much of a reason to have borders to have a northern border anyway because nobody will get busted for doing anything, if there are any border police willing to stand there at all. I think the border patrol should be limited to the Corazol checkpoints because it makes sense to have them there (to bust people crossing the border with illegal property).

One last note. Blackhawks armed with unguided rockets are a real problem, but I think firing them all into the ground when you spawn the helicopter is a little too extreme. I propose that we make a single exception to the "no rules" rule and forbid Blackhawks from firing their rockets unless fired upon. This may sound hypocritical after I just made a big show about not having any rules, but I think that we have the capability to let people know that they aren't supposed to blow everything to kingdom come when they get their helicopter (without good reason). I think that the Blackhawks aren't allowed to fire on anything unless fired upon. That indicates that the attacker is willing to shoot at the helicopter and suffer the consequences from such an action. This could limit the merciless spawn killing we've been seeing routinely from some of our seasoned helicopter pilots. This rule should also applied to any Anti-Air weaponry the police force get their hands on. If the Blackhawk sees a Stinger missile launcher being pointed at them, the rule still applies and they shouldn't be allowed to fire. What they SHOULD do, however, is get the hell out of dodge before they have a "Black Hawk Down" situation. I think this rule could help balance out the massive firepower the Blackhawks give the criminals and give the police force a chance to do their job.

I don't mean to shoot down this post, so to speak, I'm just giving my two cents on the subject. My thoughts aren't set in stone and I welcome any discussion as to how we should proceed with changing up Sahrani Life to make it more fun and enjoyable for BOTH sides of the law.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah Brown Mon 6 Aug - 18:41

Ok, I agree on some aspects. We SHOULD only have 2 countries. And Corazol is the border. But I don't think the Helis should have missiles because let's face it, as you stated earlier, almost everyone is a criminal. So we have our trigger happy criminals with missiles, sound reasonable to have no missiles now? Also, we are only allowing high ranking 48th members to be cops so we don't have to worry about the unruly cops anymore. I think you can have fun as a normal civilian. It's not boring having a commercial airline business or a hotel chain. Now would you change your mind? You could start a bond agent business which is bounty hunting. The possibilities are endless and I do t find that boring. Also, I could mark the borders.
Noah Brown
Noah Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  Urban Warrior Wed 15 Aug - 2:06

I had to vote no.

If I wanted a game where I had to build a business/vitual life, I would be playing the Sims.

Urban Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Stalker Wed 15 Aug - 2:09

We're going to get along great together, you and I.

I can already tell.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah Brown Wed 15 Aug - 2:22

XD, well just because we voted against each other doesn't mean we hate each other lol, yeah anyways, we don't really use Sahrani Life anymore XD
Noah Brown
Noah Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  Urban Warrior Wed 15 Aug - 2:29

Hey Noah, tried to join your "Roof insertion" map, but failed.

Anything wrong with that map/server?

Urban Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah Brown Wed 15 Aug - 2:38

Thanks for asking, its on the ACEMod, our clan is all downloading the ACE Mod, ACE Patch, and ACE Island Pack 1.13. Also, please change your name to: [48th] PVT Urban Warrior, if you have problems downloading, please ask Night Stalker or CrazyJoe.
Noah Brown
Noah Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  Urban Warrior Wed 15 Aug - 4:27

I already have the ACE mod, not sure about the patch and the Ace Island Pack 1.13.

Will change my name ASAP.

Urban Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah Brown Wed 15 Aug - 4:38

Ok thanks man, we really appreciate it!
Noah Brown
Noah Brown

Back to top Go down

Sahrani Life Realism Empty Sahrani Life

Post  [48th] CPL Ilias Tue 18 Sep - 0:07

Is the server only up during week-end?
I really enjoy this rpg map and the servers using this map are becoming rare.
[48th] CPL Ilias
[48th] CPL Ilias

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah Brown Tue 18 Sep - 0:13

Not sure what happened I like it too but Tyler has not been keeping it up lately. I'll ask him to get it in a bit when he is on.
Noah Brown
Noah Brown

Back to top Go down

Sahrani Life Realism Empty Sahrani life

Post  [48th] CPL Ilias Tue 18 Sep - 21:09

Can't wait for the server to be back and ready!
[48th] CPL Ilias
[48th] CPL Ilias

Back to top Go down

Post  [48th]Andrei Sat 22 Sep - 16:57

me too
[48th]Andrei
[48th]Andrei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content